Who's headed to Summer camp?! Schools out and whether you're camp bound or not we have got an amazing recipe that you can enjoy all summer long! Crunchy biscuit, gooey marshmallow and indulgent chocolate make for one amazing treat!
For your cupcakes (makes 16) ...
- 16 double stuff oreos
- 16 marshmallows
- 4 tbsp Water (Boiling)
- 40g Cocoa Powder
- 3 Free Range Large Eggs
- 175g Unsalted Butter (Softened)
- 165g Caster Sugar
- 115g Self-Raising White Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
For the frosting
- 60gUnsalted Butter (Softened)
- 3 tbspMilk (Whole)
- 250g Icing Sugar
- orange gel food colouring
- 12 cadbury chocolate flakes
To make them;
- Start by popping your cupcake cases into your muffin tray and add an oreo to the bottom of each one.
- Preheat your oven to 200C/ 400F
- Begin by adding your cocoa powder and boiling water into a large bowl and mix to make a paste.
- Add the butter, eggs, sugar, flour and baking powder and beat until fully combined.
- Now, divide your mix evenly between the cases - making sure the oreos are covered.
- Bake your cakes for around 10 minutes and just before they are done take them out and press a marshmallow into the centre of each one.
- Return to the oven for 2-5 minutes until done.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and allow them to cool completely.
Make your frosting
- Simply beat your icing sugar and butter until thick and creamy - adding milk if its too stiff.
- Add in a couple of drops of orange gel food colouring, building up the colour until you're happy.
Assembling the cakes
- We prefer to take our cakes out of their cases but you could leave them in if you prefer.
- Use a palette knife to spread some of your frosting over the centre of the cake - making sure the marshmallow is disguised. You could use a piping bag and nozzle if you have one.
- Now, cut each flake into 3 pieces and assemble them into a triangle ontop of each cake to mimic the campfire logs!
Yummy! Your campfire cupcakes are sure to go down a treat with your friends this Summer! Be sure to share your #bellaandbearbabes snaps with us over on Insta for a chance to be featured on our grid!