Mrs Frankensteins Brownie Bars
Halloween isn't just for spooking, you know! It's a time when the child inside you can indulge in all those yummy sweet treats! So, today we have put together this recipe for Mrs. Frankenstein's loaded brownie bars! Layers of fudgy chocolate brownies, smooth caramel and silky chocolate topped with a delicious Halloween staple! Read on to make your own!
YOU WILL NEED;
FOR YOUR BROWNIES
- 100g butter
- 200g chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 250g golden caster sugar
- 100g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 30g cocoa powder
FOR THE CARAMEL LAYER
- 200 g Unsalted Butter
- 3 tbsp Caster Sugar
- 4 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 397 g Condensed Milk (one tin)
FOR THE CHOCOLATE TOPPING
- 200 g Milk Chocolate
- 100 g White Chocolate
- Candy Corns
LET'S MAKE THE BROWNIES
- Begin by pre-heating your oven to 180c or 160c for fan ovens and line a square tin with parchment paper.
- Next, melt your butter and chocolate together in the microwave or over a double boiler. Once melted, set it aside and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- In a separate bowl, whisk your eggs and sugar together until the mix is pale, light and fluffy!
- Now, gently fold your cooled chocolate mix into the egg mxture until fully combined.
- Follow by sifting in your flour, baking powder and cocoa powder and, again, gently fold in until combined
Pop into the tin and bake in your pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is cracked but the middle is barely set!
MAKE YOUR CARAMEL LAYER
- Start by pouring the condensed milk, butter, sugar and syrup into a large sauce pan and let it melt together on a medium heat. Keep going until th sugar has dissolved and be sure to keep stirring!
- Once it has dissolved, its time to turn your heat up higher and let the mix come to boiling point, for around 5 minutes. Be sure to stir constantly now until your mix has turned golden in colour and has thickened. Be careful as this will be very hot!
- When your brownies are cool you can pour the caramel mix ontop and allow it to set.
TOP IT OFF!
- Once your caramel layer has set, you can top it all off! Melt your chocolates (desperately) in the microwave or over a double boiler
- Pour the milk chocolate over the entire top off the caramel and smooth it out to form an even layer.
- Now, use a spoon to pop dollops of white chocolate randomly over the surface.
- Using a wooden pick, pull the white chocolate in different directions through the milk chocolate to make patterns!
- Finish by adding some candy corns onto the top (we used S'mores and original) and pop back into the fridge to set.
- Slice and serve!
We hope you have a happy and safe Halloween! Be sure to share your #bellaandbearbabes snaps with us on insta for a chance to be featured on our grid!