- 100g butter
- 200g chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 250g golden caster sugar
- 100g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 30g cocoa powder
- 200 g Unsalted Butter
- 3 tbsp Caster Sugar
- 4 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 397 g Condensed Milk (one tin)
FOR THE CHOCOLATE TOPPING
- 200 g Milk Chocolate
- 100 g White Chocolate
- Candy Corns
LET'S MAKE THE BROWNIES
- Begin by pre-heating your oven to 180c or 160c for fan ovens and line a square tin with parchment paper.
- Next, melt your butter and chocolate together in the microwave or over a double boiler. Once melted, set it aside and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- In a separate bowl, whisk your eggs and sugar together until the mix is pale, light and fluffy!
- Now, gently fold your cooled chocolate mix into the egg mxture until fully combined.
- Follow by sifting in your flour, baking powder and cocoa powder and, again, gently fold in until combined
Pop into the tin and bake in your pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is cracked but the middle is barely set!
MAKE YOUR CARAMEL LAYER
- Start by pouring the condensed milk, butter, sugar and syrup into a large sauce pan and let it melt together on a medium heat. Keep going until th sugar has dissolved and be sure to keep stirring!
- Once it has dissolved, its time to turn your heat up higher and let the mix come to boiling point, for around 5 minutes. Be sure to stir constantly now until your mix has turned golden in colour and has thickened. Be careful as this will be very hot!
- When your brownies are cool you can pour the caramel mix ontop and allow it to set.
TOP IT OFF!
- Once your caramel layer has set, you can top it all off! Melt your chocolates (desperately) in the microwave or over a double boiler
- Pour the milk chocolate over the entire top off the caramel and smooth it out to form an even layer.
- Now, use a spoon to pop dollops of white chocolate randomly over the surface.
- Using a wooden pick, pull the white chocolate in different directions through the milk chocolate to make patterns!
- Finish by adding some candy corns onto the top (we used S'mores and original) and pop back into the fridge to set.
- Slice and serve!
We hope you have a happy and safe Halloween! Be sure to share your #bellaandbearbabes snaps with us on insta for a chance to be featured on our grid!