Great as a thoughtful gift, or a festive snack - chocolate bark is the ultimate treat! Packed with colourful candies and sweet sprinkles it'll bring joy to everyone who tastes it! Once your bark is ready, simply tie it in some clear gifting bags and finish with a coloured, curled ribbon!
This delicious bark is infused with peppermint to give it that seasonal hit and is great fun to make with children thanks to the cute candy eyes and button noses! Vegetable oil is melted along with the chocolate to stop it curdling and we melt using 50% microwave power, for a slower more consistent melt.
350g milk chocolate
1 tbsp Vegetable oil
1 tsp Peppermint Essence
crushed candy canes
- Begin by lining a baking tray with some parchment paper
- Next, tip your chocolate, peppermint and oil into a microwave safe bowl
- Melt your chocolate in 30 second intervals until smooth
- Pour your chocolate into your tray.
- Break your pretzels in half to form antler shapes and place them onto the chocolate
- Next, add 2 candy eyes between each set of antlers
- Then use red candies to create rudolphs nose
- Finally, unwrap a few candy canes and pop them into a bowl, crushing them with the end of a rolling pin and sprinkling them over your chocolate
- Allow to chill in the fridge then break with your hands or a rolling pin. Remember that bark does not need to be in even pieces, it gets its beauty from its randomness.
SNOWMAN SURPRISE BARK
Jolly little snowmen are just adorable aren't they? This fun bark is perfect for the young and young-at-heart alike. Bursting with squidy marshmallows, festive sprinkles and tasty chocolate pieces, it's sure to be an instant hit!
- First of all, line your baking tray with a sheet of baking paper
- Again, pop your chocolate (whether it be chips or blocks) into a microwave safe bowl, along with your oil.
- Slowly melt your chocolate in the microwave at 50% power, 30 seconds at a time until melted and smooth.
- Pour your chocolate our into the tray, tapping it on your counter until it is even and free from bubbles.
- Carefully place on your marshmallow snowmen (If you cant find these, simply use regular marshmallows and add on the faces using black writing icing!).
- Next, gently hit your bag of Snow Bites with a rolling pin a few times to break them into large pieces. Add these onto your chocolate
- Sprinkle over your Holly and Berries
- Chill in the fridge until set and then break into pieces using your hands or a rolling pin!
LUXURY LINDT BARK
And lastly, a touch of luxury - because who doesn't like a bit of indulgence at Christmas? This bark is brimming with cocoa and festive cheer - it's simply perfect!
- You know the drill, lets line our baking tray with some parchment paper and pop that chocolate and oil into a microwave safe bowl.
- Melt in 30 second increments until smooth!
- Pour into your tray and drop those Lindt truffles ontop - its okay if one or two accidentally fall into your mouth, that happened to us too!
- Gently place some fudge pieces on and sprinkle with white chocolate stars as a final touch!
- Transfer to the fridge to chill and set, breaking when ready!
How do you like your Christmas bark best?!