Gingerbread is a Christmas staple, right? Today we're giving you the recipe to make this amazingly yummy and super festive gingerbread cheesecake! Its packed with spicy gingerbread flavour, a hint of cinnamon, and best of all - its completely vegan!
For your Base
. 300g of Ginger biscuits
. 3tbsp vegan butter
For your Filling
. 300ml vegan double cream
. 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
. 1 tsp ground cinammon
. 2 tbsp Icing sugar
. 3 tbsp vegan butter
. 300g vegan cream cheese
. 30g fine caster sugar
. 8 extra ginger biscuits (crushed)
. Dairy-free chocolate chips
How to make it
1. Start by lining the base of your cake tin with grease proof paper
2. Now pour out your vegan double cream into a large bowl and sift in the icing sugar and cinnamon, then whip it all until thick and yummy.
3. Pop it into the fridge to keep cool while you make your cheesecake base
4. Now, In a food processor (or using a rolling pin to bash), turn the biscuits into crumbs, they should look like sand.
5. Melt the butter and pour it over the biscuit crumbs, mixing well until it lightly sticks together.
6. Next, firmly press the mix into your cake tin and put into the freezer!
7. You can now combine the cream cheese and caster sugar in a seperate bowl.
8. Follow by slowly folding in the double cream mix and your 8 extra crushed ginger biscuits.
9. Finally pour that yummy mix on top of your base and put it back into the freezer to set - at least 4 hours.
10. Once set you can decorate any way you wish! You could sprinkle over a few more biscuit crumbs, use edible gold glitter, or add some mini gingerbread men, which we did - plus a few chocolate chips!
Be sure to keep it in the fridge until you serve. If you are getting it out of the freezer, allow it 30 minutes to defrost!
We hope you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to keep an eye on the blog for our other Blogmas 2019 posts!