4th July clothespeg wreath
Its time to celebrate! Freedom is in the air and we are feeling all patriotic! Today we're showing you how to make this beautiful D.I.Y clothes peg wreath - bursting with red, white and blue pride its (almost!) as good as Old Glory itself!
- 60 wooden clothespegs
- a 12" round floral frame
- Red, white and blue paints
- White glitter foam
- Hot glue gun!
1. We begin by painting our clothes pegs - we are using ready mixed paint for a 'washed' and rustic finish but if you'd prefer your wreath to look more uniform then we recommend opting for spray paints. We painted 15 blue, 22 white and 23 red, allowing plenty of drying time.
2. Once dry we are clipping our pegs onto the wreath frame, starting with 4 red and then 4 white, repeating until all used up and finishing with the blue pegs on the top left quarter.
3. Now, we are cutting out some stars from our white glitter foam. You can cut whichever sized stars you like, we opted for 2 large and 2 smaller ones.
4. Next, we are using our hot glue gun to attach the stars onto the blue pegs - alternatively you could use glue dots. Beautiful!
5. We add some white twine and pin our wreath to the front door, hanging proudly!
Those Stars and Stripes never looked so good! We hope you enjoyed today's D.I.Y - don't forget to share your Independence day theme #bellaandbearbabes snaps with us over on Insta for a chance to be featured on our grid!