There's no doubt that the flavour of the season is Pumpkin Spice, it's about as much of a Fall staple as a berry lip, and as much as we love a good Starbucks PSL, wouldn't it be nice to drink one in the warmth and cosiness of your own home? Today we're showing you how to get that Pumpkin spice goodness in your own kitchen - 2 ways!
PUMPKIN SPICE COFFEE
This is a great drink for a crisp Autumn morning, or a cosy Autumn evening. Drink it with friends for a seasonal evening in by the fire!
. 2 cups full fat milk
. 1 cup freshly brewed coffee
. 2 tbsp Pumpkin puree
. 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
. 1 tbsp vanilla essence
. Spray cream to top
. Your fave autumnal mug
- Start by brewing some fresh coffee! We love using ground coffee beans in our cafetiere - Verve coffee is our fave - but if you don't have a cafetiere then we really recommend Nescafe Azera instant coffee for an authentic freshly ground taste.
- Now, pop a saucepan over medium heat and add in your pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, vanilla and milk, warming it through until it steams, not until it boils!
- Now that your coffee is brewed, pour it into your fave mug followed by the milk mixture.
- Top of off with a generous amount of spray cream and a light sprinkle of your pumpkin pie spice!
PUMPKIN SPICE WHITE HOT CHOC
Perfect for younger ones, or those who don't drink coffee, this beverage is like pumpkin pie in a mug. Warming and delicious, it'll be a new seasonal fave!
2 cups of whole milk
. 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
. 2 tsp pumpkin spice
. 1 tsp vanilla essence
. 1 cup white chocolate chips
. Spray cream for topping.
- Start by warming your milk, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice and vanilla over a medium heat.
- Once it reaches a gentle simmer, tip in your chocolate chips and continue cooking until they are melted in.
- Pour into a seasonal mug and top with a generous amount of spray cream.
- Finish off with a light sprinkle of cinnamon!
We served our drinks with these adorable chocolate spoons, the mold can be found here.
How do you like your Pumpkin Spice?!