Its almost here! Valentines Day is just one day away, and while we believe that you should show your loved ones how much you care all year long, we do enjoy this special day - and whats more special than a hand made gift?! Today we are showing you how to make this adorable puzzle piece wreath! It's simple but so cute!
- An old puzzle
- Rose, pink and white paints (and brushes!)
- Glue Gun
- Pink ribbon
- White card
- Red Pen
- We're going to start by laying out all of the puzzle pieces on an old sheet or a washable surface.
- Then, we're going to split them into 3 piles and begin painting 1/3 of them in Rose, 1/3 in pink and 1/3 in white - you could opt for other colours if you have a certain scheme in mind.
- We allow those plenty of time to dry off completely.
- Next, we are taking our sheet of cardboard (and old cereal box will work fine), and we are drawing on a large heart shape. We follow this with a smaller heart inside the first.
- Cut this out to give you the base for your wreath.
- Now, we are going to take our ribbon, we loop it around the top of the wreath, pulling the string through itself to secure it in place.
- Lets heat up that glue gun now and start gluing our puzzle pieces on. You could try laying them all out on the wreath first before gluing to make sure you are happy with your design.
- We have started by gluing on a base layer of puzzle pieces and then continued to overlap and build up the pieces until we are happy with the result
- Once you have glued everything in place just pop your wreath to the side to allow it to cool off and set.
- We are taking our white card now and we are drawing a banner shape onto it, cutting out afterwards.
- Now, we are going to write a message on the banner - we chose 'Love you to Pieces' - and we are writing it on in a hand style with a red handwriting pen. You may want to use your paints to add a little extra flair to your message.
- Once that is dried we use the glue gun to attach the banner onto the wreath!
You could hang this on a door in your home as part of your Valentines decor or you could give it to a loved one!
How do you celebrate Valentines day?!