- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp instant coffee powder
- 1 cup vegan buttermilk (made with lemon juice and soy until curdled)
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 113g vegan chocolate (melted)
- 1 cup mixed vegan chocolate chips and chunks!
For the icing
- 300g icing sugar
- 150g vegan butter
- green food dye
- Vegan sprinkles
How to make it;
- Start by pre-heatig your oven to 350F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Now, sift your cocoa powder and flour into a bowl and add in the sugars, baking powder, salt and coffee. Mix it all together!
- Next, make your vegan buttermilk. Do this by adding about 1 tbsp of lemon juice to a jug and then add enough soy milk to fill to the 240ml line. Set this aside and allow it to curdle.
- Add your buttermilk to your dry mix now and combine.
- Then, pour in your melted coconut oil and vanilla and stir it all together to make a nice thick batter!
- You can add in your melted chocolate now and fold it in gently.
- Follow by adding the chips and chunks - your batter should be very thick!
- Now, tip your batter into yout baking tin and even it all out - you can sprinkle on someextra chips and chunks if you wish!
- Pop your brownies into the oven now and allow them to cook for 40 minutes (35 if you like them extra gooey!)
- Once cooked, allow them to cool, but while they are still slightly warm, cut them into triangles. Now allow them to cool completely.
- Now, mix your vegan butter with powdered sugar and add in a couple of drops of green food dye.
- Pop all of that into a piping bag and cut off the tip!
- Then begin icing your triangles. Start at the top and work downward in a snake like fashion.
- To finish we added some cute sprinkles onto each tree!
They're ready - and oh so yummy! Take them to a festive get together, or enjoy while watching your favourite Christmas movie!