Is there anything more Summery than lemons?! Zingy, cheerful and bright! Today we are using them to bake a delicious Summer treat - plus, its completely vegan!
For the Base;
- 1/2 cup of vegan butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup plain flour (you can use gluten free if required!)
For the lemon filling;
- 4 large lemons (juiced)
- 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups of full fat coconut milk (using as much of the white part as possible)
- 6 tablespoons of cornstarch
Plus a little powdered sugar for dusting.
Make your slices!
- Begin by pre-heating your oven to 350F and line a pan (glass ones work best for this)
- Now, make your crust; Mix the meted butter and sugar together until combines and add in the flour a little at a time until everything is mixed in. Your dough will be thick but that's fine, simply press it into your pan using the palms of your hands and bake in your pre-heated oven until lightly golden (17 minutes) .
- Next, make your filling! Add your lemon juice, sugar, coconut milk and cornstarch into a sauce pan and whisk well until everything is combined.
- Heat the mixture on a medium heat until it thickens.
- You can now spread your filling over the top of the crust and pop back into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Once baked, allow to cool for around 30 minutes, then move into the fridge for an hour or two before slicing and dusting with the powdered sugar
Aren't they delicious?! Soft, squishy and perfectly fresh - we hope you enjoys them as much as we did! Don't forget that you can share your #bellaandbearbabe snaps with us over on Insta for a chance to be featured on our grid!