As the weather rises here in the UK its becoming more important to keep that makeup sweat-proof. Thankfully there are many products on the market right now to make your makeup budge-proof and we're gonna give you our top tips on how to maximise the effects!
USE A PRIMER
1.Laura Mercier oil free primer / 2. Hourglass Veil Primer / 3. Smashbox pore minimizer / 4.NYX Shine Killer / 5. Benefit Porefessional /
The first step to keeping that makeup looking flawless in the sun is to use a primer - always. An oil free primer is best to use (oil will only break down the makeup and make it slide off) and not only will it keep your makeup in place but it'll also give you a smooth base for a flawless application.
APPLY A GEL LINER
1. KIKO Lasting Gel Liner / 2.NYX Gel liner / 3. Bobbi Brown longwear Gel Liner / 4. Illamasqua precision gel liner /
We've all been there. Hot day + kohl liner = panda eyes. Skip the mess and opt for a gel liner, once applied it'll be budge proof and wont flake either - a must for a summer day. Plus, you can use your Bella&Bear Caracal and Serval liner brushes for the ultimate wing!
APPLY YOUR FOUNDATION IN CRISS-CROSS SHAPES
1. Tarte Amizonian Clay foundation / 2. Kat Von D Lock It Foundation / 3. L'Oreal Pro Matte foundation / 4. Estee Lauder double Wear foundation / 5. Urban Decay All Nighter /
When the weather is hot it's not just about which foundation you choose - a mattifying one is best F.Y.I - but it's also about how you apply it. Use your Bella&Bear Jaguar Angled Kabuki to apply your foundation in criss-cross motions across your face, this will stop it from looking streaky if you start to sweat throughout the day.
BE SURE TO SET YOUR WORK
1. NYX Matte Finish setting spray / 2. Urban Decay De-Slick spray / 3. Boscia white charcoal mattifying spray / 4.Barry M Matte Mist Spray / 5. MUA Pro mattifying mist /
We all know (and love) the powers of setting sprays, but in the summer they are needed more than ever. Choose a mattifying spray to help keep any shininess at bay from sweat. Voila, a perfect, smudge-free look that'll last all day!
1. Becca Skin Perfector / 2. Nars Sheer Lip Treatment / 3. Marc Jacobs Lip lock / 4. Burts Bees Balm / 5. Supergoop LipScreen / 6. Benefit Watts Up / 7. Josie Maran illuminizer /
Avoid sticky lips in the summer and switch up your gloss for a more natural approach. You can enhance the lips simply by applying a balm and dabbing a small amount of highlight to the centre for a juicy glow.
BLOT THAT OIL AWAY
1. MAC Blot Film / 2. Tarte not So Slick papers / 3. NYX Green Tea Papers / 4. Boscia charcoal linens /
You can take all the measures possible to prevent oil and shine but sometimes skin just has its own ideas. Keep some blotting papers with you during the warmer months for those touch ups and your perfectly matte look will last all day - just be sure to only press them against the oily areas gently to avoid removing your makeup as well!
What are your top tips for keeping your makeup sweat proof in the summer? Share them with us on social media! And, don't forget you can shop all of our collection in our online store right now!